Thursday, July 28, 2011

On a Lighter Note: Pink Underwear

One thing that I promised myself that I would do when I was an adult was to never laugh at children's problems. I wanted to be taken seriously when I had a "big" problem and my mother had...has...a hard time not laughing when something is clearly funny.

I totally failed yesterday at the pool with the scouts.

We had Every Cub A Swimmer yesterday and so we were will ALL of the cubs scouts in our area. After we did the things that we needed to get signed off, the kids went off to play...and some adults played too.

There was this game with a ring...the kids were against the adults. When the adults got tired of the game, we left the kids too it and forgot all about it. Apparently some boys were keeping it away from other boys...and the boys who could not get it, got their feelings hurt.

Well, one of the boys...who was not one of my cubs, came over to me and told me what happened and then he said, "And then he said that I was a girl that wore pink underwear" (I held it together...but barely) "and I don't know why he said that because I don't wear pink underwear anymore!"

And that is when I lost it. The "anymore"!

One of his friends came to his rescue and said, "I've worn pink underwear. When the white clothes all turned pink, I had to wear pink underwear." Then he inquired, "Is that what happened?"

And the boy said, "No. It was just pink."

Anyone else feel bad when they totally laugh out loud in a kid's face?

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is..... BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete