Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cub Scouts: Sportsman

I haven't been keeping you very up to date on what we are doing with scouts...probably because I've been traveling and probably because I'm lazy.

Some of you might not know this but...I think that Aaron is super sexy. I love watching him teaching the boys things. And so a couple weeks ago, I got to perve on Aaron teaching the boys how to play football.


Little known fact about Aaron: He played Football in high school. Don't let him trick you in Two Truths and a Lie.

We played a quick game of flag football and it was pretty fun. We are trying to get the most out of the warm weather while we have it.


The boys seemed to like it once we were done doing drills and going over the rules. Like any football game, it was pretty slow goings since the teams were pretty evenly talented.
We have one boy in our troop who is pretty talented at sports and so he is loving working on this pin. The other ones...not as much. What I love about this one boy though, is his sportsmanship attitude. {C} is great at cheering people on and complimenting them when he sees them do something right. When they mess up, he is right there telling them to get back in there and keep trying. I'm really glad that he is in our group and with us while we work on this merit badge.

Last week, we played Ultimate Frisbee. It might surprise you to hear that I didn't take pictures. The reason for that is because I was teaching the boys how to play. SURPRISE!!! When Aaron and I were looking at the sports to choose from, I said, "I played softball and some ultimate frisbee in high school." and that shocked him. He knew about the softball but he didn't know that I ever played ultimate. It is crazy that we have known each other for 3 and a half years and we are still finding out stuff about each other. I found out that....Aaron is...not so good at ultimate.

Teaching the boys and playing a game with them was so much fun. The teams were pretty evenly split. I was the captain of one team and {D} was the captain of another since he had the strongest arm of the two boys that showed up and better aim than Aaron. It was quite a workout with just two people on a team but I had a blast. Even if we lost 2-3. It was a really good game and we all improved by the end.

This week, we will be doing "Every Cub a Swimmer" and I might not get pictures of that either since...I will be in the pool with the boys. They needed as many leaders in the pool as they could get so it looks like I won't be taking pictures. I'm sure it will be tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment