Friday, July 22, 2011

Recipe: Homemade Raspberry Tea

I know that you are all DYING to know what I am doing with all my raspberries!

Well, when we left for California, we left a bunch of berries that were just days away from being ripe enough to pick. By the time we got back, they were all too far gone to really pluck off of the bush to eat. Which made me sad.

I picked them anyway and I sat and wondered what I could possibly do with them. I finally decided that I could try making them into a tea and if it turned out nasty, I wouldn't really be down anything...since I was going to have to throw them away anyway.


I got some warm water and threw the berries in. I smashed them up, heated it, smashed them up, and heated them. I did that a couple times trying to get as much as the fruit off the the seeds that I can.

After I did that, I scraped off as much of the top, in the way of seeds and skin, as I could. All of that extra stuff ended up back in the yard for fertilizer.

I mixed some truvia in with it and some lemon juice and then added more water...since the flavor was stronger than I thought it would be. It turned out pretty good and I loved it so I thought that I would share. I felt really good for making a natural tea from my own garden.

1 comment:

  1. You know, that first line was a little bit sarcastic seeing that I WAS DYING TO KNOW. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete