Tuesday, July 19, 2011

California: Visiting Family

I'm happy/sad to say that I didn't take a whole lot of pictures some days...well...all but two of the days. I wasn't in the mood and it was really great to be taking a break and getting some other stuff done. Not to mention spending tons of time with my family.

Friday found us at my grandparents house. It was the first time that Aaron had ever been there and so it was fun to show him one of the few places that has been a constant in my life. Mom and Grandma talked for hours so Aaron and my dad ended up like this.
(Enjoy this picture...it is the only one you get!)
We've all been there. Napping on the couch at my grandparents house. While we were there, we got to meet some of my cousins that I've either only met when they were very little or never seen at all. {S} and I became instant best friends when I started tickling him. This one time he was sitting on the floor and he looked up and me with a super huge grin and tipped back and fell over. We laughed and laughed. He was my little two year old shadow after that.

We also stopped in super fast at my aunt and uncle's house after we checked into the hotel. I got a gun pointed at my head...which is a first. My uncle had just had a minor surgery and was on some medications that made him...happy? I wasn't in any danger since I doubt he was loopy enough to load it. And....that was the first time Aaron really got to meet that uncle....so....awesome.

On Saturday we had a BBQ at my Aunt Rita's house and let me tell you...that woman can cook! It was amazing.

Fun was had by all. I got to talk with family that I haven't seen in awhile and play with cousins that I hadn't even met yet. I got to show Aaron off to people (they loved him...of course). I've been told pretty often that I've got quite a catch...I don't know if anyone has said that to Aaron. My mom said, "There are times when I see him look at you and it is obvious that he thinks he got the best girl in the world....so I think you both did pretty good."

It was good times. If you want to see pictures of the day, check out facebook. I could not be bothered to put them up here.

On Sunday, I went to Relief Society for the first time in forever. I must say that I missed wiggle songs and silly stories and teaching a whole lot. We talked about raising kids....and we all know how much that means to me right now...but it was still a good day.

It was a good feeling when I came out of Relief Society and I had my dad, brother, and husband standing like a gang waiting for me. I love my boys (including Daniel...though he was not there.)

We went to my aunt and uncles house to show Aaron off some more. Markus, Aaron and I went to a duck pond that I used to go to when I was 10. It was tons of fun throwing rocks at ducks and watching Markus skip rocks. I wish I took some pictures of that but...I didn't. I was taking a break and it was awesome. Those moments will always in my memory. I love hanging out with my brothers. They are both such cool guys. But yeah, Daniel wasn't there...so it was just Markus that was cool that day. :) And I guess Aaron was cool too but he isn't my brother....so...there you have it.

We ate tons of food and talked loads and loads. My cousin Jason married this amazing girl Kris who suggested that we play Two Truths and A Lie which at first sounded like a crazy game to play with my parents in the room but it turned out awesome. I loved playing so much. I learned stuff about a tons of my family members in that room. It was really great and I'm so happy that Kris was there to suggest it.

That was pretty much the end of hanging out with family.


No comments:

Post a Comment