Monday, August 22, 2011

Last Summer Hike

Since school started for me today, Aaron and I decided to spend the last Sunday of the summer going on a family hike (plus two friends). We were helped along with this decision by this one man in our ward and his 4 (almost 5!) year old son.

Side Note: This little boy is one of our primary kids and he is not a huge fan of me. Basically, every time he sees me, he thinks I'm going to kidnap him and never let him see his dad ever again. But he LOVES Aaron. I'm cool with that...he is a really sweet kid and I would probably try and kidnap him.

They were going on a hike to enjoy the wonderful summer Sunday and they invited us to join them. We'd never gone on the Birdsong Trail in Ogden and I'm so glad that we did. It was a very nice trail and I think they said two miles round trip. It wasn't too steep and it wasn't boring. And it was beautiful!

I didn't take any pictures this time. Not from lack of camera...but lack of memory card in the camera. So these will have to do.


It was so fun to hear this little guy being so chatty. Him and his dad had the cutest conversations.

"You aren't tall because I'm not on your back."

"We are in a cave now. There are monsters."-Son
"Will you protect us?"-Dad
"No."-Son

"Where do you think the goosebumps came from?" -Dad
"A goose. GOOOSE!!" -Son

The view was incredible and the company was great. I think that for a last summer hike, it was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are looking good! Must be the Paleo diet--which I started...shh...don't tell anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so fat in that picture. Seriously, that shirt was holding onto me in all the worst places...and I have just stuffed myself with pasta like an idiot.
    But thank you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete