Friday, August 5, 2011

Recipe: Breakfast Banana Mash

That sounds like such a good recipe right? I know you are all dying to find out what I'm talking about!

Paleo Breakfast are basically restyling what you had for dinner the night before. (Side Note: There was this huge turkey breast in the fridge that I ate off of for 3 days...I kid you not. This thing was huge and delicious.)

It is a cultural thing that you don't eat cold turkey and salad for breakfast.

Think of your favorite breakfast.

Does it include tons of fatty meat? Bacon? Sausage?

Does it include a huge carbo load? Pancakes? French toast? Funnel Cakes?

Does it include tons of sugar? Kid cereal? Syrup? Jams?

How much dairy? Milk? Yogurt? Cheese?

Why do we do this? Are we getting ready for war? It is the most important meal of the day and I guess it must have made sense to someone to start the day off with food that takes all day to burn. But we don't need that much in our stomach all day because we also have lunch and dinner. I love those breakfast though. Crepes with Nutella smeared on top....mmmm....

Most everything that I love about breakfast is gone when I'm on this diet. Eggs and fruit are what's left for me.

Man this is a bummer. I totally revamp leftovers but...sometimes it is a bit of a morale killer.

Tonight I made something that I know I'm going to love for breakfast!

Do you ever get in this mood where you are hungry but not for anything hard on your stomach? I usually grab cereal. I don't know what made me do this but this is what I made.

Banana Mash:
1-2 banana (I don't know how hungry you are...I used one)
crushed almonds
almond milk
blueberries

I grabbed a banana and put it in a cereal bowl. I poured the almond milk on it. Just enough to make it liquidy and I mashed it all together. Then I threw the crushed almonds on top and put blueberries on it to add a little more to it (since we all know that blueberries are a super fruit).

It hit the spot just like a bowl of cereal. This would go great with an egg on the side or a spinach omelet. Also, I think tomorrow, I will try topping this with some cinnamon as well and maybe some chopped up apples since we need to eat those!

Happy eating!!

P.S. Since two people seemed to enjoy these food posts...I think that I might keep them coming since they make me feel like I have something going on in my life right now.

4 comments:

  1. Breakfast is definitely the hardest habit to change. Up until morning sickness hit I was making scrambled eggs and/or buffalo hot dogs (they're tasty and grassfed. I feel no guilt despite the name) and now I just live on lemonade and cottage cheese. Sometimes my husband will whip up some protein-filled meat for me.

    As an aside, I wanted to tell you that I haven't had a super amount of support with the diet changes either--Kacey just will not ever, ever, ever give up potatoes in a million years. Or his caffeine. It's ironic, because he's the one who wanted to start this diet, but I guess I take it to an extreme he wasn't looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha, some lady asked me how I got my husband to eat vegetables!!! So I guess that most women find it hard to get their husbands to not eat something that they think is delicious. Aaron is taking the more meat part very seriously. Hahahahaha, but the no grain? Not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacey is okay abstaining from grain. And he's a vegetable fiend, I'm the one that has to work on expanding my palate in that regard. But pepsi is a long way from being banned from our house, which makes me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we all have our weaknesses. I think my biggest is French bread and yogurt based smoothies.
    I'm glad that I married someone who isn't a picky eater because I know that this would have been so much harder if Aaron was.

    ReplyDelete