Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gender Reveal Party

Since this pregnancy took so long to actually happen, I've planned out EVERYTHING.  And one thing that I KNEW I wanted to do was to have a fun gender reveal.  I didn't want to just find out in the clinic during the ultrasound, but I didn't want to wait till I had the baby either.  I saw a TON of cute ideas on Pinterest and decided that I wanted to have a gender reveal party.

Yesterday Aaron and I went to the clinic for our 4th ultrasound (I'm so blessed/cursed to get so many...I'm glad I get to see the baby so awesome but sad because it is because we were such high risk at the beginning).

I told the doctor that we didn't want to know the gender but wanted her to put the information down on a little card that my sister made a couple years ago.  She put the ultrasound pictures in the envelope (and recorded the ultrasound on DVD since we couldn't watch...since I'm pretty good at reading ultrasounds) and closed it up.

Untitled

When Geoff, Clarise, Andy, and Kaitlyn came over, I gave them the envelope and they went away to get the baby some gender specific presents.

At 5:45am this morning, both Aaron and I were awake and Aaron asked, "Are you awake because you are so excited?"

And I said, "No.  My stomach muscles are being stretched out and it hurts."

Then Aaron said, "Oh....I'm just excited."

He is so cute.  He is also really sweet to let me do this because he really wanted to just find out as soon as possible...but he played along, because he is wonderful.

The morning came and so did my friends.  I wish that some family could have made it out here too for the big reveal but they were scattered around (and Daniel is going to find out in a fun way all the way in France).  But we had tons of friends over....I was scared we wouldn't have enough room in the house.


December152012 002a

Both of us with our mouths' wide open in surprise!
December152012 005a

This is what we saw in the box!  Along with being silly stringed and tons of little presents for our little one!
December152012 024a

December152012 009a

December152012 013a

December152012 021a

We are going to have a little baby boy running around next Christmas!!
Untitled

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited for you! I was hoping for a girl for you because I have a brand new crib set that I never used, but you know I LOVE boys! You really do get your own little "Ben"! Just like Aaron wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I don't know why my eyes are leaking and I can't see to type but I'm so happy for you. Also happy that my first instincts were correct about the gender. I can tell that you are very happy about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to also experience the joys of boys...or maybe it's me being sleepless that is saying that it's a joy? Just kidding, it is most of the time, even when they break each others noses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so excited for u. ur excitment brought tears. i love u both so much and cant hardly wait to see my great nephew. love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! We are thrilled as can be for you both!! (And for your mom. Although, she will have to wait a little bit longer to see one of your babies in her gowns. ;) Boys are SO much fun!!! We have loved ours! They are busy & cute, & sweet! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete