Thursday, August 25, 2011

Paleo Diet: Can't Be Fixed

I learned something today.

If your pancake batter smells like green beans....stop. You ruined everything.

For starters, I shouldn't have been cooking with soy flour anyway. Aaron and I meant to pick up Almond flour but we didn't. And I can't have soy because it is a legume. And NO LEGUMES!

I didn't want to waste the money so I tried to use it anyway. Big fat horrible gross mistake.

The recipe I was using was an old friend's recipe for "Pan-crepes". They aren't pancakes and they aren't crepes...they are a flat pancake so we called them pan-crepes.

The recipe normally is delicious and so easy that I can't live without it.

1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 egg
a dash of sugar

That simple.

Well, I threw in the soy flour in place of the flour and almond milk in place of the milk.

While I was stirring it, I became aware that it smelled like green beans. I like green beans, don't get me wrong...but not for my pancake.

Long story short....they came out tasting NASTY! Like seriously awful! I haven't been eating a ton lately because my medication has made me nauseous and eating this has given me some taste aversion problems....like...thinking about eating a baked good makes me want to throw up right now.

So, moral of the story people, if it smells like green beans, you can't save it.

I'm going to try this again with almond flour to see if it comes out better....or if you want to try it with almond flour and let me know, go ahead.

1 comment:

  1. You may be better off trying a recipe that was designed with paleo in mind and has been tested.

    Soy is pretty much yuck all around. Good luck next time!

    ReplyDelete