Monday, August 1, 2011

Recipe: Paleo Choco-Banana Ice Cream

To celebrate going 7 days with my paleo diet, I made Ice Cream.

I know what you must be thinking, "Katrina! You crazy goof ball, you can't have ice cream! It has dairy in it! What about your diet?!"

That is where you are wrong!

I know...you probably don't actually care. But here you go:

Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 mashed very rip banana
honey

Direction: In bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Depending on how sweet the bananas are, sweeten to taste with honey.
Put the mixture into an ice cream maker and let it do it's magic for 20-30 mins.
At this point, the ice cream is a soft serve consistency and you can put it in the freezer to harden it up.

It was super delicious. Usually when Aaron and I make ice cream, it is really hard to eat a lot of it because it is so rich from the cream so this is amazing. Next time, I'm going to throw almonds in there.

Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment