Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Swollen Bambi

This morning, I woke up and my puppy dog looked like this:

At first, I thought that a bug must have bitten her. And that there was nothing to be done. Pippen had a similar swollen nose once but more concentrated on the front.

When I got back from class and work, it was worse. Her cheeks were super puffy and she had accident while I was gone. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to deal with it and so I put her back in her room as I ran out the door to my "second job". When Aaron and I FINALLY got home for the night, her eyes were all puffy and swollen...along with her cheeks and nose...and another...intimate area. I called the vet as quick as I could. They said to give her Benadryl and wait an hour to see what happens.

She threw that up...so Aaron and I got to wash the sheets and blankets a little a head of our schedule. On the plus side, some of the swelling has gone down.

Anyone have any idea what could have triggered this? We don't have anything new in the house. I can't for the life of me think of what it could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment