Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Day

Aaron and I started a new year, for 2012, by going to sleep early on the last day of the year and waking up early to watch the sun come up.

We went to sleep at 10:30pm on the 31st. At 6am, Aaron woke me up and helped me get in the car with the puppies and blankets and some breakfast things. We drove into Eden and parked in our favorite lot that gives us a great view of the reservoir and the mountains.

We sat in the car while the stars started to disappear and talked about what we wanted to get out of the next year.

Light started to creep over the mountains and we started to drink hot chocolate that Aaron made that morning and eat some yummy bear claws.
It was beautiful watching the light push all of the stars out of the sky. Since we were out in the middle of no where, there were tons of stars to look at and watch disappear.
And I loved being with my little family.


When the sun came up, we jumped out of the car and did a little jig and celebrated the new day...maybe with some kisses.


I'm super excited for this new year. Aaron and I are going to have a ton of adventures, I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment