Monday, January 9, 2012

Foam Shapes

Aaron and I have 60+ sheets of foam. While I was in the shower (where I do my best thinking) I thought of an idea for at least some of it. I could cut out some shapes and make a shape "puzzle" for the children we sit next to at church.

Have I told you how much I love sitting by them? They make the meeting go by so much faster and I have a reason to have a bag full of toys...without people thinking that I'm going to steal children.

This was my first attempt.

I thought that the shapes AND colors would make it a little too easy to solve.

I also had some left over paper from when I made the flip book for Primary so I thought that I would use those to make the boards.

At least when they are all the same colors, it presents more of a challenge.

But this didn't even make a DENT in my foam stash. We got a good deal at Michael's.
Luckily the kids at church seemed to like them. Foam makes for a very quiet toy so I'll probably keep making stuff to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment