Monday, January 30, 2012

Couples' Retreat!

Aaron and I love going up to Eden, UT...that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone since it has been a year and a half since we first went up there and I talk about it ALL THE TIME. Seriously, we just went up there for New Years Day!

We thought that it would be a really fun idea to share it with our friends. Clarise and Geoff were about to be month long husband and wife and we thought that we would celebrate with them by going on a little get away!

Aaron and I checked in on Friday and watched Say Yes to the Dress and ate pizza till Geoff and Clarise came up. It was so fun to spend the first night just sitting around and chit chatting and laughing. My first girl/boy slumber party! (But not really...since every night with Aaron is technically a girl/boy slumber party!)

Eden
The next morning we woke up and awkwardly Clarise and I both got into the showers at the same time and I stole most of the hot water. The boys had to deal with pretty icy showers! We talked and ate breakfast. For some reason we talked a lot about this month's National Geographic. Also, I took this picture in the morning to show the separate beds that Aaron and I slept on! Since this trip was for Clarise and Geoff, we decided to let them have the room with the king size beds. We are so kind.
Get Away

Next we played Imagine If... It was great. Has anyone else seen Troll 2? Creedance and Grandpa Seth made it onto the board and some of the questions that we had to answer were pretty hilarious.

While we were playing, we saw some kids with sleds go passed our living area window. We watched them all going down the hill and suddenly we were very interested in trying out the hill.

But instead we busted out Settlers of Catan! We played around and Clarise surprised us all by totally owning it at the last minute! Seriously, Geoff was about to win, he was only one turn away from having the largest army and getting the last two points he needed. I had given up hope and told Clarise to do likewise. She rolled the dice and got the perfect number to get her the cards she needed to clench the victory.

When that game was over, we went out to a late lunch at the only Mexican Restaurant in Eden. Carlos and Harley's!!! I love the food there. Last time Aaron and I went there, it was for my birthday. I wish that we lived closer because I think that we would go there all the time. The service this time wasn't that great but the food was still good.

When we went back to the resort, we asked the front desk if they had any sleds and so we got two delivered to us and we immediately went outside.







So much fun on that hill! It makes me wish that I had a sled at home so that Aaron and I could run off and do that sometime.

Anyway, after we went inside and warmed up a bit. We had to run home so that I could get my meds that I left (good thing we were only 15 minutes away) and we planned to go to the hot springs so we were all in swimming suits. It was super crowded there...which was kind of good because we were all tired and ready to relax in the room.

We got some hot chocolate warming up and started to work on the marshmallows.


Get Away

Get Away

We pulled out Settlers of Catan and got to battling each other!! They were all pretty close races. It was super fun and we were all being really silly.
Get Away

Get Away

Clarise got really creative with the game pieces. We had to stop the game for this one since we weren't allowed to bump the table.

Aaron ended up winning two games in a row...so he was feeling pretty good about himself. Geoff was pretty sad though because once again he was one turn from winning when it was stripped from him.

The next day was Sunday and we checked out and headed to our house. We ended the weekend by watching Casablanca. I was the only person in the room who had seen it all the way through! I couldn't believe it! But it was fun being with them while they watched it and making comments on stuff. It is a great movie and it was a super amazing weekend!

I'm so glad that we've all been friends for so long. The next trip that we take will have to include Andy too because we are 5 people who can't be separated!

No comments:

Post a Comment