Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bambi Goes to Preschool!

I got to bring Bambi with me to work on Friday!

I asked my boss if it would be cool since I'm trying to train her to be a therapy dog and go to hospitals and nursing homes. I wanted to see how she did in a larger group. She still has some problems controlling her excitement and maintaining focus on me. We will have to work on that.

While she was there, I talked with the kids a little bit about dog safety and what to do if they meet a dog that they don't know. We also showed them some of her tricks. One child asked where she learned all of her tricks and I told him that she had to go to school just like they did. They thought that that was really funny.

The rest of the day they were asking me when I could bring her back and when they could play with her.

I finished off by reading "Clifford's Family" that I bought at the DI on one of my trips. It was about dogs with jobs.

This made me want to work even harder to get Bambi ready to be a therapy dog because there is so much joy in helping people who aren't well, have a little bit of comfort and happiness from snuggling a puppy and I think that Bambi is a wonderful dog for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment