Saturday, April 11, 2015

Anderson Grandparent Visit

My parents were in the United States for 10 days in April.  They decided to fly out to Utah for General Conference weekend to try and be in the Conference center for the announcement of the Thailand Temple.  They didn't end up going to the session that the new temples were announced but my mom said that that was a good thing because when they DID end up making the announcement, I guess my family was a little less than reverent.  It was a good thing that they were in the privacy of their own home in Draper.

After Conference and visiting with my dad's parents in Utah, they decided to take a drive down our way to visit with their grandchildren.  My dad hadn't seen Sydney since the day she was born.  She'd grownup since he had last seen her.  Already doubled in size!!




We decided that while the weather was nice, we would go on a little outing to a nearby duck pond.  By nearby, I mean that it was a 5 minute walk.  We didn't want to go anywhere TOO crazy.


My dad and I took turns picture taking.  I would take his big camera so that he could play with Zach.


My dad's picture of a mallard.


The attractive goose.  Isn't this a beautiful goose?


My mom running around with Zach.  She wasn't feeling so great but she wanted to play with Zach.



Zach was all smiles running around.  He loves being outside.




Zach did not mind all of the snuggles on bit.  He loves to cuddle into a soft Grandma.




This is a pictures of Zach in the middle of falling over.  As you can see, he is quite distressed.



He was even trying to get me to play...which was a little hard with the baby strapped to me.  I was trying to keep her safe from the cold wind.  Yes...even in Vegas you can get some cold spring wind.



Zach didn't want to be pushed home.  He wanted to do the pushing.  My mom helped him out.


At home, my dad snapped this cute picture of a little tiny.  She looked a little surprised to have her picture taken.  She should probably get used to it.

It was a quick little day and a half trip for my parents but it was good to see them and let them play with the grand kids.  We probably won't see them until Sydney's baby blessing.  Living far away is hard but we manage to make every trip count.

No comments:

Post a Comment