Friday, January 4, 2013

My Very Merry Christmas Home Upgrade

Well, I'm officially an adult.  My Christmas present this year was a brand new Over the Range Microwave!  YEAHHHH!!!

Luckily, I had two buff men in the house to install it for me, free of charge!  I love saving some money!

First, I made Aaron finish painting that wall of the kitchen.  Since we had to move the stove away from the wall, it was a perfect time for me to get in there and sweep and mop things that have fallen down there over the passed couple years.  Surprisingly, it wasn't that nasty.  A few sticky spots but not much else.  But now it is ultra clean!

Untitled

We started painting the kitchen....maybe a year and a half ago?  We got two walls done...and then...decided to finish the rest of it.....later.

After Aaron finished painting, it got installed!  Queue the buff man action!  This is Markus holding the microwave up with his back like Atlas.

Untitled

This is what is looks like installed...hot action!  Isn't it beautiful?  I love it so much.  The kitchen hasn't been my favorite room in the house.  It has always felt cluttered to me and this microwave up here, is the first step to a more clutter free kitchen.  This microwave looks like it always belonged up there.

Untitled

But, Aaron did need to make a new outlet to plug it into...you know...so that I could use it.
Untitled
It involved Aaron being in the attic and using a hook to pull some wires from an old outlet, up to Markus who grabbed them and pulled them out of the hole.  Some pretty nice team work there.
Untitled

And now I have a beautiful, working, Over the Range Microwave!  THANK YOU SANTA!!

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. That is some hot range action. You know, my favorite kind of action.

    ReplyDelete