Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Wedding of the New Year

2012 was a HUGE year for weddings....at least, for Aaron and I.

2013 didn't start out any different.

On January 3rd, my best friend, from the 1st grade, got married in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

Aaron couldn't make it to the ceremony since it was in the morning on a Thursday.  Markus and I decided to go together.  We woke up early to get ready and drive down...and didn't take into account the fact that the second car Aaron and I own, was still buried under the snow.  It took us 30 minutes to dig our way in and we were SHOCKED to find that there was ever frost on the inside of the windshield.

I was super nervous that we weren't going to make it.  It was 9:15am and the ceremony started at 10am. The temple was still an hour away.  We raced down there and arrived at 10:03am.  I was so sad that we had almost made it on time.

I decided to ask the people at the front desk anyway...just in case they could sneak me in.

"Hi.  I know that I'm late for a wedding.  The Poulson wedding.  At 10am.  I was wondering..."

"ARE YOU AMIE MOREY!?"

"No....but I'm going to the same wedding as she is.  I know her."

"Is she really on her way?"

"I doubt that she would miss this.  Yes, she is coming."

"Okay, come with us.  They are holding the sealing for Amie Morey."

About 2 minutes later, Amie arrived.  If she hadn't of forgotten her temple recommend in Draper, I never would have made it in.  TENDER MERCIES!!

The ceremony was beautiful and I've never seen Natalya look so happy or so radiant.  I'm so grateful that I've been able to live close enough to all of these people that I grew up with and that I've been able to see so many of them get married.

Natalya and Sean coming out of the temple!  Look how eager he is to show her off!
Untitled

Sean is seriously all eyes on his beautiful bride!  As it should be!
Untitled

Natalya and her sister, Majken!  Happy day for sisters!
Untitled

Taking care of his sweetheart all ready.
Untitled

Later that night, there was a giant Bangkok reunion, of course.  It was so good to see these people again and some that I don't get to see that often.  There was a great turn out of people and plenty of people to talk to and enjoy all night.

Here I am with some of those awesome people (and I'm 19 weeks pregnant).
January112013 001

Weddings are one of the best ways to celebrate the New Year!  I hope that Natalya and Sean are happy with each other every day for the rest of forever!!  And I hope 2013 is another great year for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment