Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Cold Homecoming

When Aaron and I got back from our Christmas trip, my parents and Markus picked us up at the airport and drove us back up to Ogden.  Luckily my dad knew that we were going to need some help shoveling our way into our house.  It was almost a foot deep.  We were definitely missing California weather...even if it was Northern California weather.

I'm so glad that my dad came prepared.  Markus and Aaron worked really fast on digging a path to the house with the shovels while my dad worked on brushing snow of cars and clearing up the paths they shoveled.  They made really fast work of it.

The next morning, we got to see it in the light. ...and it had snowed during the night so it was also more clean up time.

Untitled
The front of our still festive looking home.

Untitled
I'm glad that we got this evergreen so that I can look at it and still see some green.  I doubt we are going to be seeing much of that color in the coming months.

Untitled
My candy canes make it seem like the North Pole.
Untitled
Our icicle lights are extra icicle-y.

Untitled
That's a pretty good collection of snow on our little grill.
Untitled
The path we made for the dogs, already got covered up in the night.
Untitled
Our backyard turned into a giant field of white.
When the dogs got home from the boarding kennel we took them to for their "Christmas vacation", Pippen wasn't too pleased.  But he ate some snow anyway.

Untitled

Bambi is much more of a snow dog since her fur is made to protect her from getting too cold.
Untitled

See those globs of snow on her?  Yup, that's how her fur keeps her dry and warm.  It's the Sheltie in her.
Untitled
This definitely made us miss the "warmth" that we left behind in California. Yeah, it was still a bit cold over there...but nothing like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment