Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ohio: Our Anniversary

When I write about trips, I like to do it in installments so that it isn't too overwhelming for me and for the reader.  This post will be quick and lacking in pictures.

Tuesday was our anniversary and we woke up at 5am to celebrate....I mean get ready for our flight.

Yeah, it was rough waking up so early and it made me punchy all day....which is what you want for your anniversary.  Luckily I married a very understanding man who has been with me long enough to know how to deal with me.

We flew to Denver and when we got to our gate, I immediately laid down on the floor by the window to try and get some sleep.

Then I hear, "Wow.....WOW!  WOWWOWWOW!!!"  coming from next to my head.  I sit up and see this kid.
I asked him, "What?  What's happening?"

He turns to me and points out the window, "There is a PLANE and it is FLYING!!"  I look out the window and sure enough, there is a plane and it is FLYING!  He informed me that it was getting smaller and smaller because it was getting further away.  "Look, it is as big as a.....caterpillar now."

For the next 30 minutes, he let me know when another plane would take off.  We looked at planes that were driving passed up to their gates and since we were flying Frontier, there was a different animal on the tail of every plane.  You would have thought that this kid was at the zoo.  "A MOOSE!" "A LION!" "A....what is that?"  "It's a mountain goat."  "A MOUNTAIN GOAT!"

We watched them unload bags from an airplane and he asked me how many people I thought were getting off the plane.  We watched them load bags onto the plane and then people.

It was so cool for 30 min to see the world from this little kid's eyes.  It was his first time at an airport and he thought he was at the most awesome place in the world.   I love that kids make you think, "What was in like the first time this happened to me?  Why am I so jaded?"

The rest of the flying and getting a rental car was uneventful.  We drove to the hotel, checked in and decided to take a nap.  5 minutes into the nap, I get a call from my friend Jen, (the girl whose wedding we were in Ohio for) and wanted to know if we wanted to come to her parent's house for dinner.  That sounded perfect.

I let Aaron 20 minute power nap and then we left.

We had so much fun with her whole family!  We got to meet Daniel (guy Jen was going to marry) for the first time and eat amazing food.  It was WONDERFUL to sit down to a home cooked meal after traveling for a day.  We sat and visited for a couple hours laughing and remembering life in Thailand and telling stories of what we have been up to since then.

A perfect way to end our 3rd anniversary.  With good food, good people, good conversation and then some good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment