Thursday, July 26, 2012

Smart Phones at Long Last

I've had my phone for 3 years and I love it.  I don't use it to take pictures that often because they are crap and I have far better cameras to take pictures with but it sends texts and makes phone calls and if I forget about it for a week, it isn't that big a deal.

Aaron has had his phone since our 1st anniversary (when he accidentally dropped his old one into a lake while we were jet skiing) so we were both due for new phones.

But I was avoiding getting a new phone for a year because I knew that when we made the jump, it was going to be a smart phone.

My fear was the same as an old woman.  I didn't want to learn new technology.  I didn't want to become dependent on my phone.  I don't like the change.

Here is the reason we finally went for it.   Our GPS needs updating because it is crap.  So....either spend the money updating that OR get phones with GPS.

On Monday we finally sucked it up and went to the Verizon store to see what we could get.

Untitled Untitled

And I got a better camera on my phone than the one I had (still....not going to be the first or second camera that I grab) and I FINALLY have a way of sharing photos that have been on my phone for forever!  I never went to buy whatever I needed to get the pictures off so I've had some photos that have been trapped inside a cell phone of mine for 5 years!

Like these ones from almost 5 years ago at Christmas time when I went to visit my family in Thailand.
Untitled

Markus grabbed my phone and I didn't see these pictures until I was back a BYU a couple weeks later.
Untitled Untitled
Untitled


Or pictures of my puppy dogs!

Untitled


Like when we first got Pippen!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Or when a couple months later, we got Bambi!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

One thing is for sure, you wonderful people are going to end up with even MORE photos of my life to look at.  You lucky lucky people.

And so far, I can see what a wonderful and useful tool it can be.

I will try and use my phone powers for good.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so, I noticed that I hadn't seen your blog in my google reader in a while and I wondered what the deal was, so I stalked your facebook profile and discovered that you have a whole new blog that has almost the same name. I usually read the blog posts that you share on facebook but I never even noticed the change. I am super observant.

    Anyway, I'm glad that you have a smartphone so I can stalk you even further on instagram and I am super excited to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and I haven't yet made the leap to smartphones. Having a good camera phone could be handy.

    ReplyDelete