Monday, July 25, 2011

Pioneer Day Parade

I did something crazy this morning. I woke up at 7:15am to go to the church for the Pioneer Day breakfast. It was a nice way to greet the day...free food. I wish that Aaron could have been there with me but he had to work. Luckily I had some friends to hang out with and talk to while we ate breakfast on the lawn of the church.

A couple in our ward invited me to come to the parade with them...which I wasn't planning on at all. But then I found out that there would be CANDY so I had to go! And I knew that I could take pictures and then write a blog about it later...since I'm getting pretty obsessed with this blog.

On to the parade!




Anyone have a Weird Al song in their head. (Don't watch this if you can't handle cartoon graphic.)
I love this horse in this next picture...and this picture is pretty patriotic.
Tons of free things for the children. I don't know who Jonny Ballard is but he made a lot of children very happy.

We got some actually Pioneer Heritage in the parade too and maybe a little outlaw heritage...hey, it is what made Utah.




But mostly, the parade was high school bands and anyone near by with an interesting vehicle.



I'm glad that I hauled my rear end out of bed today so that I could join in all the festive fun.

Even if I didn't get any candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment