Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cub Scouts: July Hike

Aaron and I (and the boys) had so much fun on last month's hike so we decided to do it again! This time we had more boys and a tougher hike but it was still lots of fun.

Even though it was overcast outside when we started (thank you so much Mother Nature), it started to warm up really fast. The boys were really smart about staying cool. The stream was freshly melted snow so it was great for keeping the boys cool. I even dipped my hat in the water.
The view was beautiful the whole way up. What was tons of fun, was standing here and pointing to where we started walking and seeing the boys realize what they are capable of.
When we got to the end of our trail, we had the boys sit down to have a snack while we taught them about "The Outdoor Code".
Aaron looks so cute teaching the boys. I'm 100% sure that I was the only person up there who felt that way...but there you have it. Look at this cutie!


"As an American, I will do my best to- Be clean in my outdoor manner, Be careful with fire, Be considerate in the outdoors, and Be conservation minded."
The boys did a great job memorizing that and I hope that they can remember it whenever they are in the outdoors.

I really hope that we can find time in August for one more summer hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment