Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aaron Turning 30!

I can't believe that Aaron is 30!  It seems like it was just the other day that I was making fun of him for turning 25!!  I also remember how totally old and creepy I thought 30 year old guys were when they were hitting on me...and to think that I'm married to a 30 year old is kind of a huge paradigm shift.  Mostly because I forget that I'm almost 25.

Aaron decided that he didn't want to have a huge party (or even a manageable small party) to celebrate his birthday.  But he did agree to have a little BBQ with a family that we absolutely adore in our ward.

I spent the day getting ready.  Mostly marinating chicken and steak to get them ready to get BBQed.

August292013 004

I also had a wonderful little friend (one of my activity day girls and daughter of the family hosting our get together) come over and help me make a cake.

August292013 028

Aaron got to sit back, relax (while watching Zach, of course) and watch me BBQ him some chicken!
August292013 007

Because what is sexier on your birthday than watching your wife grill you up some chicken!
August292013 010

August292013 014

August292013 025

While the chicken and steak was on the Barbie, I went inside and started getting the candles on the cake.  I had a little 7 year old help me.  I had been putting the candles in rows...and I look over and see this at the bottom of the cake.

August292013 033
Candles clump!
I almost said something stupid like, "No, they need to be in a row."  And then I realized....it really doesn't matter.

See my rows at the top and the lower you get on the cake, the more nonsense it is?  Perfection.

August292013 035

These kids are such hams!!  We love them!

August292013 038

August292013 039
Concentration is required.
This is Aaron's "I'm so happy!  This is such a wonderful day!" face.  I'm not joking.  Look at our pictures from Disneyland.
August292013 040

August292013 042
Getting ready to blow them out!
August292013 044
Trick candles!!  WHAT?!  Yeah...Aaron totally heard the girls planning this and was super nice to play along and be like, "What's going on?!"
And just like that, Aaron is 30.  We are going to have many more birthday celebrations with each other and I can't believe that I've already celebrated 5 birthdays for Aaron.  Maybe one day he will let me throw him a really big party but I'm glad that he got to enjoy this one the way that he wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment