Friday, August 16, 2013

New Calling! New Fun!

The Mormon church is run by volunteers.  Every member is asked to volunteer to the best of their abilities to help and further the work of the church.

Aaron and I served together for 3 years as Primary teachers. While we did that, I used to be a Cub Master for a year.  Then we served together as Webelos scout leaders.  Last November I was released from being a Primary teacher and asked to be in the Primary presidency.  It was a great calling and I learned a lot.

Last Sunday, I was released from being in the Primary presidency and asked, or as we say "called", to be an Activity Days leader.  That means that I will be working with the 8-11 year old girls helping them build their talents and grow closer to their Father in Heaven.  I'm so excited for this new volunteer position!!

My first job was for a Stake wide Activity Day!  I had a bunch of fun meeting up with the girls in the morning and heading over for some games.

Can I just say that I feel so much like a mom/grown-up when I have a SUV full of kids, driving them around to activities?  And you know what?  I love it.

The theme was Friendship and so they had some team games for the girls and some crafts.  They got to decorate cookies as "Sunshines" because we are suppose to let our light shine and brighten other people's lives.
How do you like our cookies?

Untitled

Untitled
Some of my girls and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment