Sunday, August 25, 2013

Almond Milk

I've still got about 8 pounds to lose  before I'm back at my pre-pregnancy weight, which means that it is time to kick it into gear and start exercise and eating right.  I know that I can lose weight on the Paleo Diet and that it helps my skin clear up.  Plus, I love feeling domestic and it never fails to make me feel like a good home maker when I find new things that I can make.

Like ALMOND MILK!  Turns out...it is the easiest thing in the world to make.  It just requires some time...and cheese cloth.

You soak the almonds for at least 8 hours, rinse them off really well.  Then you throw them in the blender with up to 8 cups of water and blend it.  When the almonds are in small pieces, you strain it through cheese cloth and....TA DAAAAAAA!!!!  Almond milk!!

Untitled

The left over pulp can be made into almond meal with can be used in baking other paleo things.  Magic!!

The next day, I also decided to turn some almonds into almond butter.  It is the healthier alternative to peanut butter and with honey and cinnamon in it....IT IS AMAZING.  Also, a jar this big usually cost about $8...and I made it $3.  So...yeah...saving money all over the place!
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment