Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Zach's Baby Blessing

I LOVED Zach's blessing day!  I remember so many Sunday's when people got up to bless their babies and I would wonder when it was going to be my turn.  And on August 4th, it was finally our day.   We had a lot of family in town to entertain and, of course, a baby.

Zachary Aaron Reinert
August92013(3) 031
Sweet Symmetry. 4 generations of men!
The group of men who blessed him.  My grandpa Anderson, my dad, Aaron, Aaron's dad, and Grandpa Prince.
Our families did so much to make the day special!  We had five rows of just our family and friends in the church building.  It is a good thing that it is summer, or else we might not have all fit in the church building.

Aaron gave Zach a beautiful blessing and it made my mom cry, which is quite the extraordinary feat.  I probably would have cried too but I was too busy writing down the things that Aaron was saying.

He blessed him that he would have a desire to serve a mission and to serve the Lord.  He also blessed him that he would have a desire to be married in the temple.  My favorite part though, was when Aaron talked about Zach's outgoing spirit.  It has made me so much more excited to get to know this kid and help him develop that outgoing spirit.
August92013(3) 038

I got up and gave my testimony of prayer.  It worked out really well because the monthly theme for Primary is, "Heavenly Father Hears and Answers Our Prayers."  I've told all of you guys before about how getting pregnant was a huge miracle and I'm so grateful the children that I taught at church who were praying for Aaron and I to have a baby.  I have a HUGE testimony in the power of prayer (and that like any good dad, Heavenly Father has a hard time saying "No" to children).
August92013(3) 039

Afterwards, we went to the Ogden Botanical Gardens for a reception luncheon.  I really have to give a shout out to Aaron's family for helping to get all the food we brought ready the night before.  And Dee for waking up early to help me stuff all of the croissants.   LOVE!  

It was warm outside but I think that everyone had fun.  The kids enjoyed going on the trails and exploring around the gardens and playing in the grass.  And the adults, like always, enjoyed visiting with each other.
August92013(3) 043
Marlene's on one side and Barbara's on the other with a Katrina and Zach filling.
August92013(3) 044

It was a pretty amazing day and now I have 10 months to plan Zach's next party...his birthday!  JOKE! 
(But not really...this kid is going to get SPOILED.)

No comments:

Post a Comment