Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Family Trip to Antelope Island

I felt bad that Aaron missed out on our trip to Antelope Island with his family since he had work.  So we decided to take a trip of our own.

It also gave me a chance to take pictures of the beauty all around.  The last time I went, my battery ran out on my point and shoot and I only had a little bit of battery on my phone for pictures.  This time, I came prepared with my Digital SLR, my film SLR, my point and shoot AND my phone's camera.  Just for good measure.

Our first stop was a scenic pull over.  One way to the Great Salt Lake, the other way at the beautiful landscape of the island.
0Katrin-R1-034-15Ab
Film Camera
0Katrin-R1-036-16Ab
Film Camera
Zach appreciated being able to get out of his car seat and take a look around.  I pulled Aaron's hat off his head and put it on Zach's so that his little bald head didn't burn.
0Katrin-R1-020-8Ab
Film Camera
Next we headed out to the Ranch that is on the island.  I took a ton of pictures with my Digital SLR but I haven't had any time AT ALL to edit them (or the photos that I'm suppose to edit for money) since I'm with the baby all the time so this is what you get.

Aaron and Zach stood over here while I took pictures of different wild life.
Untitled
Phone Camera
Mostly failed pictures of Bison, but a couple awesome shots of other living things.
August92013(3) 121a
Digital SLR
August92013(3) 139a
Digital SLR
August92013(3) 174a
Digital SLR
After being in the sun for awhile, we thought that it would be a good idea to head inside at the visitors center and get educated further on the area.

First, a diaper change in the back of the car.
Untitled
Phone Camera
August82013(2) 002
Point and shoot
August82013(2) 006
Point and shoot
August82013(2) 007
Point and shoot
August82013(2) 009
Point and shoot
August82013(2) 010
Baby's first ride on a bison!!  Hahaha
August82013(2) 013

After we cold down inside, we headed to the "beach".  Aaron had wanted to get his feet in the Great Salt Lake....till he saw how far the walk was.  So we just sat down under a pavilion and ate our picnic lunch.
0Katrin-R1-012-4Ab
Film SLR
 It was a really wonderful "stay-cation" and I like to think that it was the first adventure that Zach will get to go on.  We can't wait for more family trips and fun times!
0Katrin-R1-008-2Ab
Film SLR

No comments:

Post a Comment