Friday, April 27, 2012

Flowers For Songkran

Tomorrow is our annul Songkran party!  It has actually been two weeks since Songkran actually happened in Thailand but we waited so that more of our friends would be able to come up.

Songkran doesn't have any official colors...that I know of....so I picked a Saffron orange for the monks and pink (because it goes well with orange) and because the Thai king in 2007 wore a pink when he came home from the hospital and everyone rushed to buy pink because they believed wearing that color would give luck to the king's health.

I thought that it would be suiting to get flowers for the back that would match the color theme.  There is a window box in the back and that is what I tackled first.

This is what it looked like after!  Love it!

We found these weird orange flowers that were the perfect color!  They go so well with the petunias.

I couldn't find any of the prepacked buckets with pink and orange so I settled for pink and yellow.  They still brighten up the backyard so I'm not going to cry about it.


Get excited for tomorrow!!  If our prayers are answered, it is going to be wonderful weather tomorrow and an awesome party!

No comments:

Post a Comment