Sunday, October 23, 2011

Primary Program 2011

We are done with the Primary Program!! YEAH!!!

As always with the 4-5 year olds, it was really fun and also really...stressful, all at the same time.

Some highlights:
* One girl in our class is TERRIFIED of speaking in public. I told her a story of one time, I had to sing in front of people in church and I was really scared and started balling my eyes out. My dad got up and carried me out (THANKS DAD!). I told her that I understood and that if she didn't want to talk, I wasn't going to make her. But if she could be brave (and I explained what brave was), I would go up with her and stand beside her.

Today at the first run through, she was too scared. The second run through, I was really surprised when she got up to give it a try. And I was SUPER surprised when she got up during sacrament meeting and started walking to the pulpit. As she passed by me she said, "Can you stand with me again?" For you, my dear, anything. I was so impressed with her!

* This was during the sacrament. One boy passed the bread tray to the girl sitting next to him. By that I mean, he put it on her lap and she wasn't ready to hold something so it started slipping. Some people in the congregation were probably wondering why I suddenly DOVE/lugged toward this girl. I probably looked like I was going to attack her or something. I saved it, right as it was about it go off. We only lost one piece of bread.

*This same boy who failed at passing the bread also reached forward to touch the strings inside of the piano. NOOOO!!! That could have messed up the whole program.

Other than that, the kids did a really great job doing their parts. I was actually pretty impressed with how well they were able to sit so reverently for 2 hours in the same seats and working on the program for 3 hours. Even I didn't feel reverent by the time the program started. I'm starting to look at the kids that we will be getting in a couple months and I'm excited to start working with them. We have the best calling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment