Saturday, October 15, 2011

How Our Garden Did

I usually blog a couple times in the spring about what we are planting and how it is all going...but I never really give you a harvest post about how it all went.

In 2010, we had raspberries and zucchini and that was the extent of our garden. Sort of a sad turn out. I wish that I could say this year has been better, but alas, our garden is lame. (Also, some pictures are really weird looking because I didn't really give them the time and energy that they deserved since they were just off the point and shoot...sorry)
You might remember that we had a really good amount of raspberries again this year.


Also, my transplanted raspberry bush that at the beginning of the spring, I realized that I didn't kill last fall, got some raspberries on it. I'm letting that plant get a little over grown so that next year, it will come in big and strong.

I got my sexiest model to show you the awesome tomato plants (Don't ask me why he is making such a crazy face).


we have been getting a constant supply of cherry tomatoes for the past couple months. We go out and grab a handful and through it into our salads. We've loved it. We also planted bigger tomatoes but they would all rot on the vine. My grandmother told me to water the plant less but with all the rain we have been getting, I had no way of following that advice. I mean, I didn't water it ALL summer. How could I water it less?

And that was pretty much the end of our garden. We had planted, sun flowers, cucumber, zucchini and beans but when we went to California, they cooked in the sun and that was the end of that. It might have been my fault since I planted them so late in the season.

We had some other interesting things happen in our garden this year. We let some weeds take over. This one weed ended up having BEAUTIFUL flowers. Absolutely beautiful.


The weird part is, they turned into...

WILD BEANS!!! And yes, I did eat them. There were a couple times that Aaron freaked out when he walked outside and I was eating stuff. He thinks that they might be dangerous. We will have to agree to disagree. This one that I took pictures of is lame. I think that next year, I will help these beans along because there is nothing that I like more than food that I get for free, that I don't work for.

Also, while I was out taking pictures of these wild beans, I found something else that was slightly misplaces.


Stray tomatoes? Where are you coming from?!?!

There you have it. God wants us to have a garden, and so He worked really hard this year to give us a free garden. Next year, our garden should be pretty awesome...or at least better. Because we are all trying to inch closer to perfection.

1 comment:

  1. we found the adventuring reinerts! what a fun blog and lots of great photos. i guess we both need grandpa prince to visit us and plant our gardens. we don't have much better luck! we get better each year, but that isn't saying much. we see two dogs now! double the fun. you two need to come visit us in oregon. we would love to see you both. love, reed & keri

    ReplyDelete