Friday, June 17, 2011

Week of Old Friends

Aaron and I decided to take a break this week and stay in different cities.

Well...not really. His company sent him on a business trip and instead of sitting in the house for 3 days by myself, I decided to be a burden on my dearest friend Clarise and stay with her.

Aaron and I drove down on Tuesday (After finding out Monday that he was leaving) and on our way down, we stopped in Kaysville where Geoff was staying with his aunt. This was me before I saw Geoff for the first time since February 10, 2009.


And this is me after!

I'm so glad to have one of my dearest friends back in Utah....it is so much closer to me than West Virginia...and Japan. Even though I'm sad that Aaron had to go on a business trip and away from me, I'm glad I got to spend this weekend with my 3 best friends(It would have been 4 with Aaron).
I spent all Wednesday day hanging out with Geoff and his family....saying embarrassing things that they will never let me live down. It was awesome. They are such a loud and funny and great group of people. They are the type of people that make you feel like part of the family. Mama and Papa Insch even paid for my dinner! They are way to kind to me. They said it was their job to spoil kids. Who can argue with that logic?
That dinner was the first time that all 4 of us have been in the same room since February 10, 2009. It was so wonderful.

There was a month where all of us were in different countries. Andy was in Canada working. Clarise was in New Zealand with her mother. Geoff was in Japan serving a mission and I was in Thailand to see my brother graduate. And after all of our world travel, we are back together.

Thursday was a photo shoot with Clarise and Alyssa (Geoff's sister). That was so awesome and you will be seeing pictures soon HERE. After that, Clarise, Alyssa and I drove up to Kaysville to drop Alyssa off with her family and visit some more. The family played Would You Rather? and we all had a blast laughing and arguing and imagining messed up scenarios. Clarise totally won. After that we went for a walk. It was about 11 o'clock at night and we walked through a cemetery and all over this one neighborhood. We were scared to death when we found a dark horse right next to us coming out of no where. We got lost and had some good talks. It was pretty much wonderful. Clarise and I drove up to Ogden to stay at my house since it was closer.

Today we went to Lagoon with Geoff's family. I don't know why they are so nice to us. It was loads of fun. I rode on roller coasters and water slides. Andy, Geoff, Clarise and I had tons of fun riding as much stuff as we could and enjoying each other's company. I'm exhausted from a wonderful weekend.

This is Clarise chilling with Kaitlyn in the water park section of the park. It was home base for all of us during the day.


In a few hours, Aaron will be home and I will get to hear about all of his adventures. It sounds like he got an awesome water ride on the AFV that he has been working on for the past three years. He loves a chance to get a ride on that thing.

I can't wait to see him and maybe rest....or not....I guess we will just have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment