Monday, May 28, 2012

"Business Trip"

I headed down for Provo on Sunday the 20th.  Aaron was suppose to be going on a business trip and so I had planned a photo shoot to keep me busy all week.  Aaron didn't end up going on a business trip that week because he hadn't finished getting all of his security clearance figured out for his new job.  What was I to do?  Cancel the shoot that I'd been planning for a couple months?  Nope.

I spent a week down in Provo while Aaron was up in Ogden all by himself.  He had work to keep him busy for nearly half the day so I don't think he had time to miss me too terribly.  But I guess you could say that I was the one on a business trip...since this trip was for my business.

On Sunday I took pictures of two of the girls.  They were twins so it might look like just one to you but look at their hair length if you can't see any other differences.






I've been working on those sets for awhile and it was amazing to finally get some use out of them.  Seeing my vision come to life!!!

If you want to see more of these go to Candid Joy Photography on Facebook and I would be honored if you "like" the page.

Anyway, Monday I sat at Clarise's place working on photos from Sunday until Andy came over.  Him and I went on a walk together to the library to drop off a book and get some Slurpees.

Photo Credit: Andy Foree
We ended up getting locked out of Clarise's place since we didn't want their stuff to get stolen and we didn't have a key.  But hey, it was shady and a nice day and zero stuff got stolen.  Plus I felt like I was in high school again.  Chilling out in the heat, drinking a slurpee with a really really good friend.  Loved it.

The next day was Tuesday and I had another photo shoot!  Yeah, I had two new models and zero cooperation from the weather at the location.

Yeah, I made this wonderful fabrics kites.  It took me an entire day to finish these.

The wind was INSANE.  When we got to the location, I was stunned that it could be so windy when in the valley there was nothing going on in the way of moving air.  We did a test flight of one of the kites thinking that if it was too windy to blow bubbles, we could fly the kites for sure.

Wrong.  From all of the moving around, a joint of the dowel was weakened.  We threw it up in the air and it immediately exploded.  EXPLODED.  Bits of kite flew everywhere.  I went to go and look at the second one and it also had a weakened spot and I still needed to sew the corner to hold the dowel, well I went to do that and it snapped.  So....I didn't get a single picture posing with those awesome kites, let alone flying them.  ARGGG!!!!

For one model, I had planned chalk and bubbles planned and for the other one, flying my beautiful fabric kites.

 Luckily we had a river nearby to play in and experiment with.  I had planned to use it on Friday for the last shoot but we were a little desperate.  And the chalk still worked in the wind so we made the best of it.




For the bubbles, we had to go to another location entirely and I couldn't get a large shot since....it was in the middle of the city.  That wasn't the look I was going for but I got a couple cute ones.



The best laid plans of mice and men.  I got a couple good photos but not as many as I would have likes.  Especially since I'm staying a week away from my wonderful hubby to get these pictures.

Later that night, Andy and Geoff tried to trick me into going to play practice with them till 10pm since they said Clarise wouldn't be at home till then.  Liars.

Clarise came to get me at 6:30pm and I gladly ran home with her to hang out.  We had fun trying to cook some Paleo food and watching Firefly.  Yes, I finally gave in and started watching Firefly.

Wednesday I spent working on photos till Clarise and Geoff got home.  Clarise and I made Paleo meatballs.  They were pretty yummy.

Then I went to play practice with the guys for reals.  The play they are doing is "Arabian Nights" and it's really fun.  I laughed pretty hard and I just got to see the first half!!

Thursday was spent working on photos and I'm sure something else.  All of the days kind of blend together. I'm sure that Clarise came home and we watched Firefly after trying to make Paleo curry.

Friday was the last set of pictures and guess what?!?  It rained in the morning and was threatening to rain the rest of the day.  I ended up canceling with the model and Clarise and I went up into the mountains to play around.  We wanted to get some good pictures but we didn't care since by this time, I felt like the photo shoot was cursed.

But you know what?  It turned out pretty wonderful.  Plus for the first time ever, I got to be a model in my own photo shoot.




That night Aaron came to pick me up!  I was suppose to go up Saturday with his sister but he came down to get me because he loves me and he wanted to see me as soon as possible.

He took me to City Creek!  I had walked through it once when we went to a wedding at Temple Square because we parked under it but it was really cool to take the time to walk around.  I don't think that I would ever buy something from there because I'm way too cheap but it is a beautiful shopping center.






That was my "business trip" week away.  And on the 30th, I'm ditching Aaron at home again for Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous! Wish I could see you next time you meandered down towards Provo. And maybe steal you photography skills whilst my kidlets are still young. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post, you have denoted out some fantastic points, I likewise think this s a very wonderful website. I will visit again for more quality contents and also, recommend this site to all. Thanks. 군산출장안마

    ReplyDelete