Tuesday, April 3, 2012

California: Baptism in Fremont

On Thursday, Michelle Harnish (and her son), Dee, Aaron and I got into Dee's car and drove all night and early into the morning until we got to Fremont. We were going to Fremont to watch the baptism of Dee's old Girl Scout leader!I got this on that car trip. It is a very sad story of stupidity. But Dee had awesome band-aids!

We got to the house at 6am. Almost exactly 12 hours since we left our front door. Aaron and I got a couple more hours of sleep before getting up and heading to the Oakland Temple.

Aaron was sealed to his family for time and all eternity in this temple. He wanted to be sealed to me in this temple as well but alas, I won that battle since I had more family in Utah than he did in California. But he has wanted to take me to the Oakland temple since we got married. Every time we come, something happens and we can't go. We were so tired but it was the only day we could go since the temple was closed on Saturday for General Conference!

We saw so many people that Aaron knew from church growing up. One woman was even helping me with something and didn't know who I was till she saw Aaron. It was really fun.

I loved sitting in the celestial room with Aaron as he told me about the first time he went through this very temple before he went on a mission. We sat in that room for a long time holding hands and talking quietly to each other. Nothing is more beautiful than the inside of a temple.

After we went through the temple, Aaron was nice enough to let me walk around taking pictures.



Afterwards, we went back to Aaron's parents house. I took a nap so that I could be pleasant to be around at the baptism.

Aaron's sister gave a wonderful talk about baptism. It was so cool that she got to speak at the baptism of her old Girl Scout leader! It was a beautiful service and so much fun afterwards. I got to talk to Lorraine Bodinger and congratulate her! She was such a bubble, vivacious, and genuinely kind person. I loved getting to know her and her family!

I also got to visit with a number of people that Aaron grew up with in his ward. I saw several familiar faces that were at our wedding reception almost 3 years ago. In true "Anderson" fashion, we were the last ones out the door. It is really hard to get me to stop "visiting" once I get started...even if I don't know the people that well.

The next day was General Conference! I've kind of turned into a General Conference dork. I LOVE IT! It is such an addicting feeling to pray for answers and then listen to someone tell you the answer over the television. Seriously...ADDICTING.

It didn't take too long before President Packer said, "At least you want children, and that desire will weigh heavily in your favor in your earthly lives and beyond because it will provide spiritual and emotional stability."

Wow....thank you President Packer for saying exactly what I needed to hear so early on in conference. His wasn't the only talk that answered a prayer that day.

After both the afternoon and morning session ended, the ladies headed out to dinner with Penny, Susie, Lorraine, Michelle (Lorraine's daughter), Barb, Dee and I. It was another fun opportunity to visit and catch up. I got to hear hilarious stories of camping trips with raccoon everywhere, Girl Scout slumber parties and other great times that these ladies had.

Later that night, Aaron, Dee and I headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Prince's to visit with them. I brought some ingredients to make myself a Paleo dessert since I was starting to feel deprived. We had a good visit and Grandpa tried to load us up with his amazing wood working. We decided to wait till the next night to make our final decisions on what we wanted.

Sunday was more glorious conference. After the first session, we decided to go for a walk. Mike, Aaron, Dee and I all headed to Lake Elizabeth to walk the paths. I brought my camera...so I was always lagging behind.


For the Sunday afternoon session Lorraine, Michelle, her boyfriend and two children came over to watch with us. When it was over we got to talk about everything which was fun. Lorraine is such an enjoyable person. We spent several hours talking...so much so that we were late for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Prince!

Dinner was amazing and I got to cheat and eat potatoes!! Totally worth it! We played cards until late in the night. Dee and I picked out some of Grandpa's best wood working to take home.

Before bed Aaron, Dee and I all got massages from Barb. Aaron's been needing some work on his lower back so it was good for him to get some of that worked out. Aaron's mom also gave him some instructions for stretches to help him alleviate some of the tension after a long day at work.

Then, bed time.

The next day, driving. We got to see the Salt Flats but besides that...it was pretty much the end of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment