Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pinterest: Dry Erase Board

I found an idea for dry erase boards that you could slip papers into and write on top of. I thought that it was brilliant. They are made of plastic report covers and duct tape. If you leave one side open, anything can slip in there...so I did. I thought that it would be cool to stick different tracing papers in them.

I found a site that makes sheets of the ABC's for practicing letters. I mean...I had to use Photoshop to make it the way that I wanted it...but yeah...the site is still cool. And this is the JPG if you want it.

I finished these pretty quickly but I was scaried to bring them to school. What if the preschoolers hated them? What if they thought that these were dumb?

I was a little nervous today when I put them out to the kids (we almost didn't have time to try them out because the kids went to look at a helicopter...(including Aaron...actually)). Guess what? The kids totally dug it! I was so happy that it wasn't a waste of my time!
At the very least, I thought that the kids would have the back to color on if they hated working on their alphabet.
But no, they sat down and got to work on tracing their letters. It was actually freakishly quiet in the room...till they finished and yelled for teachers to come and look at the work they did.

This made me feel like I was kind of valuable at the preschool. Coming up with ideas and really being part of helping them learn. Love it! This is the best job ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment