Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mexico Trip: Xel-Ha

Most of the friends that read this, are also friends with Aaron and me on Facebook, so they have probably seen the pictures.

There was so much that was amazing about this trip but the most amazing part was being with Aaron.


He is pretty much the best. I love him. :)
Anyway, Aaron and I on our 2nd full day there, went to a park called Xel-Ha. The name means, "The Place Where Water is Born". It was a pretty interesting park. It was basically a kind of water park built around nature. Mexico has all of this ground water that comes up and flows into the ocean and the park was built around an area like that. So you can hike around and go down a lazy "river" and snorkel. It was a pretty amazing concept for a theme park.


Even though we both took turns to take pictures, we both got in together and swam around. I had tons of fun chasing little fish around. We got to see schools of some really beautiful large fish and it was so fun to snorkel with Aaron.

Going down the lazy river! I stuck the camera in a plastic bag so we could get pictures and not ruin it. I think that a water proof camera is going to go on our wish list.

These lizards are everywhere in Mexico! It is like the chickens in Hawaii. I think that everywhere you go has a certain type of animal that runs the place. Ogden is stray cats.

We got to rest on some hammocks that they had at the park too!

They even have manatees hanging out in the park! I don't think that I'd ever seen a manatee in front of me before, even in a zoo. I was surprised at the size of them and how much they looks like rocks. I can see how they use that to survive...they are so big and I almost didn't see them.

Next time you go to Cancun, I would totally try checking this place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment