Monday, August 1, 2011

Paleo Diet: End of Week One

Here is what my diet is all about briefly.
The basics of the diet:
1) All the fruits and vegetables that you want
2) All the lean meats, fish , and sea food that you want
3) No cereals
4) No legumes
5) No dairy products
6) No processed foods

Here is what has changed in the last week with me.

* I lost 5lbs in the last week (this makes me want to work to get back to my pre-APX body...working at a desk job was awful for me).
* My skin is starting to clear up (I don't know if that is a fluke but we will see what happens).
* Our kitchen is way cleaner (since I'm always in the kitchen, I get a ton of dishes done).
* I feel like I'm taking care of the world a little bit better. When leftovers spoil, I know that they are safe to throw in the compost bin because they are fruits and vegetables mostly. Also, instead of throwing away the packaging of the food we would make, I recycle the plastic bags that the fruit and veggies come in and all of the waste from that into the compost bin.
*I learned how to steam veggies. I thought that it was too much effort so I never did it. Turns out...it is no effort at all.
* It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.

New Foods:
*Almond milk- It is surprisingly good. It doesn't taste like milk but as long as you aren't expecting it to taste like milk, it is pretty good. It is sweet and nutty.
*Kiwi- I've had kiwi before. It wasn't a new flavor or anything but I haven't eaten a kiwi in 4 years since they are more work than I think they are worth. But for the sake of having some diversity, I bought them and loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment