Thursday, May 7, 2015

Zach and Trains

This is my attempt to write an ordinary blog post that isnt dramatic and won't make anyone cry. Wish me luck.

So when I worked at the preschool there was a kid who loved trains. There is always one kid that is OBSESSED with trains. I told my coworker Andrea that I hoped my son wasn't going to be big into trains because they were so boring to me and I didn't think I could encourage that interest very well.

While I had morning sickness, my son was introduced to PBS. And PBS has Thomas the train. And Zach loves "TOM! Tom! Tom!"

Last July I found some of the wooden train tracks at the DI for $5 and I thought they would be a perfect future birthday present. So I snatched them up.

A couple weeks ago while exploring Boulder City, we found a wooden toy store. While I looked around, Zach discovered a wooden train track and trains. The kind I had picked up at the DI. He was enthralled. He sat and played and played. When it was time to go, he died inside. Mini meltdown on the way to lunch.

And ever since he has been putting his cars all together and trying to make a train.

He's that kid. That kid who is obsessed with trains. And I love it.

Guess what he's getting for his birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment