Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Time!

It's Valentine's time! Which means that it is time for everyone to prove how much they are in love by the amount of craft projects that they get done. I found an idea on Pinterest for heart shaped fruit filled pastries....which gave me the idea for Aaron's favorite dessert, strawberry empanadas, in a whole new shape.

I spent an hour and a half working on these.  It might have gone faster if the crust that I was using wasn't so springy.  The cookie cutter wouldn't go all the way through so I had to cut them out with a knife...which slowed me down.

But they came out looking adorable.

When Aaron saw them...he stared.  And I said, "They're strawberry empanadas".  And he said, "Oh....okay....I guess they look good."
Untitled

Higher praise, I couldn't ask for.

The craft for my preschool Valentine's was loads faster to make thanks to Pinterest.

Printed out this little template...hot glued the bubbles on....A THOUSAND TIMES better reviews than the strawberry empanadas.

Untitled

I'll let that be a lesson to me.  Valentine's Day isn't really worth the effort.
Or maybe the lesson is that children like bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment