Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blue and Gold Banquet: Western Style

We had our Blue and Gold Banquet on the 27th.  February was a pretty stressful month for me.  Aaron was out of town for two weeks of it and both of the weeks he was gone, I had a big thing at Church to be stressed out about.

So the Blue and Gold was no exception.  I did a little driving (that I may or may not have had another licensed driver in the car with me for) and felt like a real adult being able to get stuff done on my own.  So that was good.  I've been feeling more and more independent lately which is awesome!  Being able to drive helped me get all of the stuff done that I needed to and everything, on my end, shaped up nicely.

Check out how the cacti ended up looking when we were done.
Untitled

Untitled

All of the big cacti showed where the games and activities were going down.  This one is where they were doing a lasso.  It is really hard to see the lasso and the pink thing they were lasso-ing but...it was what was happening.
Untitled

Our cubmaster showing them how it's done.
Untitled

Another activity was shooting bottles and cans with rubber bands.  Our assistant cub master was manning that booth.
Untitled

It was a pretty fun night for the boys and everyone got some amazing cobbler.  I made two of the cobblers and both of which ended up completely gone...which was good since I didn't need to eat it at home by myself but at the same time....it was REALLY yummy and I would have loved to try to eat it all by myself.

Another successful Blue and Gold for our pack. It's amazing to think that it is the third one that we've been to.  We are going to be amazing at this game by the time our kid is old enough to be in scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment