Monday, October 1, 2012

Quick Family Hike

On September 29th, my family was in Ogden (minus the Radleys) because Daniel was headed to the MTC on the 3rd of October. We decided to go on an easy family hike (not including my mother...probably because she had a headache or something) on the Birdsong Trail.

October72012(2) 142

This is one of the easiest hiking trails that Aaron and I have found in our exploration in these mountains and foothills.  As we got up the first hill, I was telling my dad that this was usually where we would see deer.  Either in the lower valley or climbing up the side of the hill.

We look down and what do we see?

October192012 004

October192012 005

My brothers asked my dad a question about the dirt on the side of this hill and then they started posing because they saw me pull out my camera.

Untitled

I love the mountains in the fall.  I'm so happy that Utah has 4 seasons for me to watch and enjoy.  This is the first place that I've lived where I get to witness that.

Look at those leaves....and that majestic woodland creature. 

October72012(2) 137

Untitled

October72012(2) 126

October72012(2) 129

I'm really lucky that I got to grow up with these guys.  We've laughed so much and I'm going to miss getting together with all of them.  But in a couple years, we will all be back together again.  I'm also glad that my dad made up enjoy nature so much.  I don't enjoy rocks...or find them interesting but I do love going on hikes and being out in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment