Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My 24th Birthday & Halloween

For my 23rd birthday, I went to the ER and passed a kidney stone.  Then I came home and sat on the couch while hosting a Paparazzi party for a friend.  It wasn't...my best birthday.

This year, I was a little nervous that I would miscarry on my birthday...officially making it the worst birthday imaginable.

But no.

On the 26th, I brought in cookies to the kids in the preschool and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  For the rest of the day, the children would just randomly say, "Happy Birthday Teacher Katrina!"

I hadn't told any of the kids at the preschool that I was pregnant yet since you don't want to have to un-tell preschoolers about a pregnancy.  It is kind of a big topic for them to handle.

During their lunch time, I had to head to a doctor's appointment for my 9 week appointment.  Right before I left, this sweet little girl came up and handed me this huge picture that she drew.

Untitled

I asked her who was in the picture and she said, "This is you...............and this is your baby!!"

I almost started crying.  It was the sweetest thing in the world!  It made me feel like this appointment was going to go well for me even though I was really nervous about it.  Like...the best good omen ever.

Hopefully my baby won't be green though....I would hope.  And of course, I stuck it on my fridge.  I have so much children art on my fridge and throughout my house.  It is crazy.

The appointment went really really well.  I couldn't have asked for better.  The baby was measuring at exactly 9 weeks 1 day.  This was important because, since we had no idea when I got pregnant, any discrepancy in growth rate could have spelled the beginning of the end for this pregnancy.

BabyUltrasound2B

But exactly two weeks after we were told 7 weeks 1 day, we got a 9 weeks 1 day.  This baby is growing right now target!  Still had a good heartbeat and was even wiggling around inside of me.

That boogled my mind.  This baby was moving around inside me but I couldn't feel a thing.

For my 24th birthday, I was going to have a Murder Mystery party....I kept planning it and rescheduling because I couldn't stay healthy enough to get the house in order or get the party organized and planned.  Eventually it just got cancelled but I invited some friends up to hang out.

One of those people was my brother Markus, who was still in the dark about the pregnancy.  When he drove up and got out of his car, I was holding up this sign.

Untitled

Yeah....and he made that face.  He looked at the sign and smiled and I said, "I'm pregnant!"  And he laughed and said, "yeah....I kind of got that."  Then he got on the porch and gave me a big hug and said congratulations. 

It was great having friends here for the weekend.  I put them to work getting our Halloween decorations finished up with.  Aaron, Geoff, and I worked in the front yard to get it good and scary.

Morning sickness was making move slower and making it hard for me to really celebrate the holidays but it was good to get in the mood with these buddies.

Plus, it really puts you in the Halloween spirit when you see things like this outside your house.

DSCN1958

That particular ghoul really scared a dog in our neighborhood.  My neighbor came to ask me something and her dog refused to come up our pathway to the door and he started growling at that frightening figure in the middle of the yard.

DSCN1957

DSCN1955

DSCN1954

This is my favorite "fabulous" skeleton.  He always goes in front of the sparkling grave because he is such a flamboyant guy!
DSCN1952

DSCN1950

We love how much our house has changed over the years and this year, I LOVE the extra flower bed.  It made it easier to space out decorations.  And our path of lights made it easier for trick-or-treaters to not step on the decorations.  I wish that the leaves had fallen earlier or later though....but this is what we had this year.
DSCN1956

While we decorated, Clarise worked on making a Halloween skirt and cuddled with my pups.
October282012 605

October282012 608



To finish off my birthday weekend, we watched a horribly budget movie, and a HILARIOUSLY budget movie called Troll 2.  Markus had never seen it and so my friends and I enjoyed watching him watch it happen.  Poor guy is probably burnt out on awful cinema for awhile.

This birthday was awesome and it makes me think that this year is going to be the best one yet!!!  I'm so excited to see what this year holds!

UPDATE: Halloween was a success.  I was horribly miserable the whole day....but we passed out candy and I sat most of the evening counting the people who came to the house.  We ended up with about a hundred and eighty people.  We will have to remember that when we buy candy from now on because our street is CRAZY busy.

1 comment:

  1. Troll 2!!! You didn't! hahaha! That movie was shot in Utah, fyi. There was this one week where somehow that movie kept coming up. One example of such randomness during Troll 2 week: I had to go shoot a wedding in Morgan, Utah and my friend was like, "Oh yeah. That's where they shot Troll 2." What the . . . ??? Who even knows that unless they recently read up on it? hahaha!

    I'm glad things are progressing well with baby. Also, your Halloween decorations were friggin awesome!

    ReplyDelete