Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Home Improvement: Medicine Cabinet

While Aaron was gone for a week (yeah...it was his turn to be away from home for a week) I cleaned like crazy.  Well...not crazy....but more than I had in the past year.

When Aaron and I are both working and I'm in school, we keep the house functional...but not really organized or show room quality.

In my cleaning frenzy, I was going room by room and putting things in the room that they are suppose to "live" in.  After awhile I noticed that the bathroom looked like this:

Oh....and under the sink too....I didn't stage this picture.  I opened the door to take the picture and all that stuff fell out.  I almost put it back in and then thought....what's the point?  I wanted to show you.

So when Aaron got back from his business trip, I asked him if we could start talking about getting a cabinet to put in the room or a medicine cabinet....something...anything.  Our biggest problem with our house is the amount of storage.

Luckily Aaron couldn't agree more when I showed him the bathroom.

"Oh my gosh!  Where did all those bottles come from?!"

"They were spread pretty evenly throughout the house.  Remember the Advil you were looking for?"

"Yeah?"

"We have 3 bottles.  We need a better system."

 So on Saturday we headed to Lowe's and bought a medicine cabinet.  Before we could put it up, I had to get everything off of the glass shelves and take them down.


I let Aaron do all the hammer stuff because if he messes up, he can just be angry with himself instead of me.

Looking good and empty up there.  Those shelves were the first thing that we put in this house.  At first I didn't want to take them down since it feels like we just put them up. It is crazy to think about the fact that we've been married for 3 years.

(Look at the hand towel holder.  It is the last time you are going to see this.....due to a classic case of not measuring twice and cutting once...so glad that Aaron is the one making the holes and not me.)


We didn't put the cabinet up till Monday when Aaron got home.  It was way to heavy for me to lift up on my own, for one thing, and like I said before, I'm not going to be the one putting holes in our house.

I didn't take any progress shots since I was in the middle of the action.  Oh...and you might notice that I photo shopped myself out of some of the photos.  I was looking gross and you didn't need to see that.

On top of the toilet is the container that I was keeping our stuff in while we put this all up.  Classy.  Don't you love the baskets?  One basket is just for Aaron's morning stuff so he can pull the whole thing out and put it on the sink next to him.  The other two baskets have hotel soaps, shampoos, conditioners, mouthwash....basically anything that we grabbed complimentary....and now they are complimentary for our guests in our home.

Oh, remember the hand towel hanger?  Don't worry, we can a replacement that I actually like better.  The other one was WAY too low to use....I would usually use a bath towel on the other side of the sink because it was the right height.

It is so pretty and I LOVE that you can't see all of our products on display anymore!


A place for everything and hopefully everything is in its place.

1 comment:

  1. A medicine chest is sometimes referred to as a first aid kit or a medicine cabinet. Most families have medicine cabinets installed in bathrooms or kitchens, and may have a portable kit kept in a purse or automobile. Medicine and first aid kits should be kept in a location that is easy to access for all adult members of the household.

    ReplyDelete