Saturday, October 22, 2011

Starting Halloween Inside

Aaron and I started working on decorations inside of the house today! We are having two parties at our place this week and so we wanted to make sure that we had the right ambiance to party for Halloween. Even rooms need a costume.

My favorite thing to do is to take a normal area and changing enough to only be spooky if you really look.
For example:

This shelf goes from this fan and Russian nesting dolls, to a shelf like this:

It is so fun to change it up like that.
Even the guest room is getting changed up.

Did you notice on the shelf? We got the ginger bread haunted house from the family that "Boo"ed up in that shelf! We think that it is too cute to eat and we wanted to share it in a safe place.
I will keep you posted on what we do to decorate for the party.
I've also started working on yummy treats.

Don't you love these chocolate graves? I love that they go with the cemetery theme that we have going on.

I'm planning on getting some prints like this made for our wall. Isn't it great?
It is getting so Halloween-y in our house! I love that I married someone who loves this holiday as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm sad I'll miss the party. The house looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete