Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Family Home Evening: Walk to the Lake

The greater neighborhood that we are located in, is called Desert Shores.  It's this cute area that centers around a man-made lake...or rather, three skinny man-made lakes.  It was made that way so that all the center houses are "lake front property". (This is really funny to me because the area that I lived in, in Bangkok, was also a neighborhood built around a man-made lake.)

So, this lovely Monday evening we decided to take Zach to go and see the "quack-quack".  I guess that I say, "quack-quack" more than I say "duck"...so...it is what it is.

I thought that my sister would like this because whoever this vandal is, they spell "Crystal" the correct way.


This is not a duck.  Who knows what this is?  I named it Gru...because he looks like Gru from Despicable Me.


We found the "quack-quack"!!  I don't know what they were eating but they all apparently loved it.  My little bear is holding a pine cone in this picture.  They were everywhere and he wanted to feel one.



I love being able to settle into a routine here and start calling Las Vegas "home".  As Zach gets older, I'm excited to have many many more Family Home Evening nights like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment