Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Garden: Fourth Week

It has been a month since these seeds went into the ground and it is really taking off. We might have to start giving these guys some more space.

Oregano:
They are still growing! I swear! They are really small but they have started growing their second set of leaves. It is amazing that they were the first ones up and yet, they are so tiny still.
Parsley:
I pruned these during the week to give them more space to grow. I love their second set of leaves! I'm a little obsessed with how different plants look. There is such an amazing variety and it makes the world so beautiful and unique.
Zucchini:
The first zucchini!
Do you see why I'm scared that they are going to start flowering before they leave the house in a month?

Look how big the leaf is on the second one to come up! Even though he was slow, he sure has been working hard to catch up.
Onions:
A little growth and maturation at the top but I assume that they are working hard under the dirt.
Tomatoes:
I pruned these like crazy. We had so many of them and I still don't know what we are going to do with the 5 that we have. Seriously, I'm thinking about the space outside and I don't know what is going to happen.
Pole Beans:
Look at those leaves!!

Seriously, I don't know what it is going to start climbing up on...I better figure that out pretty fast.

Sunflowers:
Still growing onward and upward. They are getting a third set of leaves!
Mint:
One last picture of my mint. Isn't it beautiful? I love how bushy it is getting. I love the way it smells AND tastes.
My sister gave me some apple mint this weekend and I'll let you know how it is growing in a couple weeks when it comes up.

Spinach and other onions still aren't in the ground. ARG! I'm foiled by school and work again. At least I'm getting more planted than last year. I need to forgive myself for not planting EVERYTHING that I like eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment