Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ward Christmas Party

Believe it or not, this is the 3rd Christmas party that we've gone to so far this year. At the end of November, we went to one where we got some "awesome" White Elephant presents and got to do some charity.

Then on Thursday we went to Aaron's Sobran Christmas party. His work party is always pretty lame but it has an open bar...so all the Shirley Temples that I want. I got to meet some of his new coworkers on his new project. That was kind of fun.

The ward Christmas party was on Friday and I was in charge of pictures of the children with Santa. Yeah, I got to hang out with Santa for HOURS! Jealous?! You are totally jealous.

I didn't get to see much of the program and Aaron had to sneak me in food but it was pretty fun. My favorite were the children who RAN into the room and jumped up on Santa to give him a big hug around the neck. This one girl almost made me cry when she turned around and said, "Good bye Santa Claus!" How magical that day must have been for her! This one boy kept taking any excuse to wonder into the room and walk up to Santa and ask to sit on his lap. Seriously, he came into the room like 5 times.

Children make Christmas seem so magical and so we are very lucky that we have them in our life to make our Christmas seem more magical by proxy.

One of the best ways to make it magical again, besides having children, is to make sure that you remember the real reason for the season. I'll be trying to think about Jesus and being charitable this year to make our Christmas magical.

I hope that you have a very magical Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment