Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Tree is In the Building

On Tuesday night, we moved to working inside on making Christmas happen. It makes me sad that we leave in the middle of December and we don't get to enjoy the decorations that we have set up for our family. But at the same time, we are going to our homes and those are decorated in a special way that is close to us too.
I got the Raggity Ann last year. My mother made it for me when I was about 6 years old. She stayed up all night making it so that when I woke up in the morning, I would know that Santa was real and that he got my really late letter. It was well loved and started falling apart and my mother has had it in a "to mend" pile for 15 years or so. I got it last year and it is a reminder to me of what the Christmas spirit should be and remembering charity and the true life of Christ and how closely that aligns with being a mother.

These are my cute puppy babies under the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment