Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bambi's Graduation & Canine Good Citizen

Yesterday was a really big day for Bambi.

She has been taking a class at PetSmart since Halloween. It was the intermediate class that they offer. Her and Pippen graduated about a year ago from the beginners class and we finally had time to start the second class. Pippen takes a while to learn a new trick and so we thought that it was better for him to sit this class out and I would work on him later.

Bambi has been a star of the class and so we weren't that concerned for her test. She passed with ease.

After the class graduated, we had her lined up to take the Canine Good Citizens test. Again, she passed with ease. I was so proud of her!


We are mailing in for the official certificate and a tag that will identify her as a Canine Good Citizen.

At the end of the test the evaluator asked, "Have you ever thought about doing therapy work with her?" To which I answered, "Yes! That's why we wanted to take this test!" And she said, "Yup, this will get your foot in the door. I'll e-mail you some information." Awesome! I've wanted to train a therapy dog since I was 12. I'm so excited and I know that Bambi will love it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment