Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Family Home Evening: Fall Carnival

We're trying to do Family Home Evenings now that Zach is getting a little older.  We also wanted to do something to celebrate the fall season.  On our way to Costco and a Stake conference, we passed by this carnival looking thing and so I looked online to see what it was.  It was a charity fall carnival for kids, so we decided to check it out.

We knew that it was going to be good for Zach when we saw a bunch of other kids his size there.  I am personally so excited to be a mom that sometimes I plan activities for my son (like science museums) that are WAY PASSED his caring level.  So this was perfect.

Up first was the pumpkin patch right at the front.  He wanted to feel all of the straw.


I love seeing these two together.  They're adorable little buddies.



Zach found more of the hay bales and wanted to devote his life to touching them.



Luckily that led him right into the maze that was perfectly suited to his size.  It was awesome because we could see the whole maze but he was like, "What is this place?  This place made of magical hay bales?"




We let him take the lead and let him work his way out.  I mean, that's kind of my parenting style.  Watch and see what he does and if he gets in trouble, help him out.  But he was having fun going around and around and seeing and discovering.


After Zach worked his way out of the maze (all on his own!), we picked out a ride that we thought would suit us.  Luckily my 23 week pregnant body can still fit inside a "Medium Banana".  They were all labeled with different names but they were all the same size.  Like, there was the "Long Banana"  and the "Big Banana"  but they were all the exact same size....weird.
He smiled the whole time on the ride.  I can't get over his face in this picture.


I include the picture below so that you can see how it was swinging out.  Imagine trying to get my pregnant body into that swinging banana while also holding my son....it was kind of an ordeal.

 After all that running around, Zach was ready for dinner and getting a little grumpy so we headed back out.  Seriously, this carnival was the perfect size for Zach to have fun.


Maybe we'll go again next year too.  Make it a little family tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment