Friday, May 16, 2014

4th Annual Songkran Party

It was that time of year again!  Happy Thai New Year!  I'm glad that we were able to get the grass in before the party so that we had a backyard for people to play in.  And since we finally had the poles removed, there was plenty of running room without fear of running into anything.....at least we got to enjoy the yard for a little bit before heading out.

I wanted to wait for pictures from my dSLR but the cords to get the pictures off are......some.....where......in boxes.....maybe.....

I was so excited that I was able to have my brothers at my last Songkran party.  I wasn't able to have one last year (because I was SUPER pregnant and I had pneumonia....so....) and that would have been Markus' first time at one of my parties.  So Markus got to have his first American Songkran and Daniel was back from his mission so he got to be there!

Not to mention that this was Zach's first Songkran too!!!  Yeah!!!  Unfortunately all my pictures of him are on my dSLR because he was too grumpy and tired to play in the water.


My friend Michelle's son Leo was the one who really got the party started.  He wanted to play with the water while everyone else was eating and talking.  Since we were on a bit of a time crunch (we had to leave my 4pm so someone could come and look at the house), I started busting water balloons on people and that got everyone up.

My sister in law Dee, was super amazing and blew up most of the water balloons for people to use.  She's amazing.  I love my Dee.















There was a lot of spouse on spouse attacks.  It seems like that was a missed opportunity to gang up on other people but hey, sometimes, you've just got to let it out.  Hahaha!



This pictures is so that people will know that I was there.  I don't know if there are any pictures of Aaron....he was inside most of the time trying to get the house ready for the showing.




This party actually made moving feel really bitter sweet.  Aaron and I have been able to make so many wonderful traditions in our home in Utah with all of the friends that we have there.  It will be tough for awhile trying to reestablish/reinvent/adapt our traditions in a new home and state.  But we are so so so grateful for all of the wonderful years full of memories that we were able to jam into our home.  We are so grateful to all the people who were able to come out and bring food and celebrate this wonderful Thai tradition with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment